We know your pet is an important member of your family and their health is a priority. At Animal Hospital of Richboro, we understand the concern and questions many of our clients have regarding their pets and how the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) could potentially impact them.
We felt it was important to connect with you, our loyal clients, to share information that can help put your mind at ease, and assure you we are staying on top of the emerging information as it becomes available.
While we are still learning much in regards to the virus, we are confident that human to pet or pet to human transmission of COVID-19 is not likely. Meaning, should there be exposure to COVID-19, it is not possible for you to catch coronavirus from your pet or for you to transmit the virus to your pet.
As a matter of good health, we do urge you to follow recommended sanitation and hygiene practices any time you interact with a pet. For up to date information on COVID-19 and pets from the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), click here.
Other important points we’d like to share:
- Our disinfectants we use year-round are effective against Coronavirus. As a healthcare practice, we have routine protocols in place to stop disease transmission.
- We have increased the frequency of disinfecting client touchpoints (i.e. bathrooms, doorknobs, etc.) Because everyone can benefit from additional training, all staff has had a thorough review of disinfection and handwashing processes.
- While we warmly welcome everyone, we will refrain from handshakes until this threat has passed.
- For our clients, we have soap and water available for handwashing as well. Dispensers with alcohol-based hand sanitizers are also available throughout the hospital.
- Our dedicated staff has been advised to remain at home if they are running a fever or if a family member is suspected of having COVID-19.
Additionally, we have instituted the following protocols:
- When you are coming in for an appointment, you may call us upon arrival to the parking lot if you wish to wait in your car (rather than the Waiting Room), then come directly into the Exam Room.
- If you are dropping off a stool or urine specimen, you may leave it in our chilled white box on the front porch. Be sure it is labeled with your pet’s name and your last name. We will be checking the box frequently.
- If you are picking up medications or food, we will be happy to bring it out to you in your car for you. Alternatively, you can use our Online Pharmacy.
PLEASE RESPECT THE CDC RECOMMENDATIONS AND DO NOT COME INTO OUR HOSPITAL IF YOU OR A FAMILY MEMBER IS SICK.
As a small business with an essential function, we do not plan to close. We feel that the amount of traffic and the number of people usually present in the building at a given time is minimal and manageable, allowing adequate social distancing, creating low risk (providing everyone is responsible and the sick people stay home!)
So please continue to schedule your pets’ appointments!
Please give us a call at 215-322-9900 with any questions or concerns.
The Team at Animal Hospital of Richboro